Things are moving along relatively smoothly (knock on wood) at the house! We had a hiccup with a contractor coming a week(!) late, but they got the work done and we’re ready to continue on. J and his dad got the well pump working, so we now have water.
We are making pretty good progress on our to-do list!
Close on home
- Change the locks: we did purchase the locks.
Move our tools and supplies for our renovationsWell, most of our tools. Contractors come to do mold removal (on ceiling): A week late, but done
- Replace ceiling, scrape remaining ceilings, put in knock down, paint: We scraped some ceilings, we will replace the hole on the main level this weekend, we have a contractor coming in on Wednesday and Thursday to put in knock-down and paint.
- Prime and paint walls…pick out colors (yikes): Upstairs is primed, two rooms are painted. The main level is partially primed but we got a little crazy and decided to…
- NEW: Sand awful, annoying, gross looking, and disgusting textured paint off main level walls. Dining room is done…this is going to be a lot of work.
- Order and install appliances: Ordering this weekend.
- CLEAN!!! A never ending process
- Tear out flooring by garage area and tile ? No idea when this is happening??
- Order E’s new bedroom set: Santa has some work to do.
- Measure, order and install blinds: Oh, I kind of forgot about this one.
- Purchase needed lights: This weekend.
- Electrician work: Met with our awesome electrician today and made a plan for him to install 5 recessed lights in the kitchen, 4 in the living room, 4 mini recessed lights in the dining room, 4 recessed lights in our bedroom, and 2 in our master bath.
- Purchase and install water softener: This weekend.
- Have ducts cleaned: Possibly after we move.
- NEW: Tear out carpet: This weekend
- Have carpet installed: Friday, Dec. 23
- Tear out old toilets and install new: This weekend?
Purchase and install garage openers:
- Purchase and install sump pump: This weekend
- Plumbing repairs: J is working on this right at this very moment!
- New: Pack. Pack. Pack.
- New: Move (Dec. 23 will be our first night there)
- New: Change address on everything…HUGE task!